Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I complain to much ...

I need to work on that.

I tend to worry about things that have not happened yet.

Things that may not even happen.

I let it all fester and compound until I'm a nervous wreck and I feel quite helpless.

That's not a fun way to feel!

I joke that I have "rich white girl" syndrome. I'm gainfully employed, educated, healthy, and have a wonderful family and network of friends to rely on if need be.

I can support myself, have an adequate amount of free time, and more hobbies to keep me entertained than I can even count.

Really - what do I have to complain about? I have it better than the majority of the world's population.

So for the next week I'm going to try my hardest to keep my trap shut if I don't have something positive to say.

Couldn't hurt, right?

2 comments:

  1. Hey chick,
    I do exactly the same and i hate it. It consumes me. I know its all about changing my thinking (which i am always doing) cos if i continue to be negative then i attract more negative. I try to visualise good things happening rather than focusing on things that havent happened, as the bad things will manifest if i dont stop the thoughts. Good for you on taking this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those kind words :)

    It's definitely an active, daily choice (happiness anyways). Once you realize you have the power to make that choice, the rest is fairly easy to accomplish!

    [although life does it's best to sidetrack me!]

    ReplyDelete